Wednesday, June 16, 2010

BBB – Korni!

BBB logo June 2010

This month, not only did I bake, I also managed to blog at the very day! I think that I pretty much owe this to Tanna of My Kitchen in Half Cups who shaped us up and created a fixed schedule for us – the same date very month! Totally brilliant!

Korni-03

Our host this month was Lien at Notitie van Lien and she had chosen for us to bake Korni, a bread with many seeds.

Of course I didn’t bake until the every last moment, preparing the poolish late last night and baking this morning before leaving for lunch with my kids in town. They got half a loaf each but I haven’t received any feedback yet.

The baking itself wasn’t very spectacular, making poolish one day and baking the next – pretty standard. But there were some quite interesting ingredients, soy beans, millet and a good pinch of caraway plus three different flours – that made me very curious.

Korni-01

As I have been working like a beaver (can you say that in English?)I didn’t have time to join in the chitchat if the other Babes, so I didn’t get that some of them were doing alterations until I already had baked. But I was pretty pleased with the result anyway! I had very little time this morning so I just added all the ingredients for the dough at once, and after while discovered that it was far too stiff – I ended up adding 1/2 cup water to get it more moist and soft.

And I forgot all about the egg washing just before baking. But I liked the bread! I’m sure it’s very healthy and makes excellent toast too!

Head over to Lien at Notitie van Lien to read the full recipe and how-to’s, and go to the other Babes (see list in right column) and check their Kornis out!

Korni-02

10 comments:

Lien said...

Wonderful Görel that you made it with your busy schedule!! The bread look just great!

görel said...

Thank you Lien for this fun challenge! I definitely will bake this bread again.

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Love that you just added everything all at once! Me too.
The egg wash is really just a little fancier dress.
Wonderful bread.

Natashya KitchenPuppies said...

Beautiful bread - and great pictures! Very rustic and delicious looking.

Ilva said...

I love that woidow photo of the bread. and FYI, i missed out on the things that the other Babes had changed.

Ilva said...

and that was supposed to read WINDOW sigh...

görel said...

Hmm, maybe I should try a widow photo next time? (Sorry, couldn't help myself ...)

katiez said...

Slipped in at the last minute - Woman after my own heart. Well done!

Baking Soda said...

Great pic Görel, that middle one! Quite the atmosphere! Love it that you baked and posted, bread looks goood!

Jamie said...

This is a wonderful bread, the kind of bread I would buy and serve with a cheese platter. The texture is beautiful and the mix of nutty flavors perfect!